Fahr’s disease was considered to be extremely rare until several years ago. Only one out of a million people was thought to suffer from it. Which would amount to 17 patients in The Netherlands. Thanks to genetic research in the last few years we now know that must be several thousand patients in The Netherlands. These people have no symptoms yet or are misdiagnosed..
I wish for the peace to accept what I can't change, the strength to change what I can't accept and the wisdom to discover the difference between both.
Motor function disorders a.o.
- Stiffness of limbs and torso
- shaking arms and legs in rest
- shuffling gait
- memory loss
- mood impairment whereby state of mind is inappropriate to contextual situation
- delusions and confusion
- In verband met de opleving van het coronavirus hebben wij besloten om de patiëntendag van 11 december niet door te laten gaan. We wilden het misschien […]
- We organise a patient day again. We'll have a meeting on friday december 11th at UMCU. Program and time is yet to be announced. With reservations due to covid-19 measures